Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 2: NY

I am currently in the hotel in NYC waiting for the shuttle to come pick us up to take us to JFK so we can go to

RUSSSSSSSIIIIIIIAAAAAA.

I can't wait. Anyways, today has been rough. We slept in because... well, just because we can. I tried to make a waffle in the free breakfast thing but I had issues. It was embarrassing because it kept beeping at me. I guess I was doing it wrong. WHATEV.

After I got out of the shower I came back in the room and Kam was on the phone. I was trying to figure out what was happening because all he was saying was, "Wow. wow. wow. wow." Over and over again. I then found out that my letter from Kristian (I got a letter the day after I left Utah from Elder Workinger. The first in 4 months. Great timing, eh?) had accidentally been thrown away. My uncle Dave went over to my apartment to pick it up and then
dumpster diving
to try and find it after he found out that my roommates had accidentally thrown it away. I will not lie. I cried a lot. I'm just glad that I made Heather open it and read it to me on Thursday night or I would have been about devastated.

On our walk we stopped at this 99 cent store which turned out to be the coolest store ever. He seriously had everything your heart desires. Almost.

We then went to Romeo's Pizzeria. IT WAS DELISH.
Seriously, I loved it. I had this pizza with chunks of fresh mozzarella. However, while I was there I received some more bad news.

IGNACIO IS DEAD.

I know that many of you are probably crying and shaking right now. I understand. I am devastated. He was the best fish anyone could ever ask for. My awesome little sister made him a beautiful tombstone and he is now buried in my yard.

The cause of death is yet to be determined, however, I am certain that he died of
h e a r t b r e a k
due to my absence. It had nothing to do with the 11 hour car ride from Provo to Mesa.

With heavy hearts, we head off to RUSSIA in search of furry hats and vodka (just kidding...)

My uncle Kam says that I'm going to get kidnapped in Russia. That would be icing on the cake.

1 comment:

  1. Was the letter lost forever? I was at your house today and your kitchen stinks because they haven't cleaned up all the fishy stuff from your poor sweet scaly friend. And I'm mega jealous of your trip and hope you will keep this updated so I can keep reading all about it! Please don't get kidnapped. I don't want to watch THAT kind of a movie about you in five years.

    ReplyDelete