Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 4: India (Agra)

INDIA IS THE BOMB DIZZLE.

I'm gonna do bullet points because they are easy on the eyes and I'm lazy.

Day 4:
  • Driving here is crazy. You don't drive in the lines because that would just be a crazy thing to do. Also, when you honk, it's not because of anger. Honking is simply saying, "I'm here, right by you, and I'm going to pass you. So move."
  • If you go to McDonalds here, get a Chicken Maharaja Mac. I didn't get that but that's beside the point.
  • Women make houses out of cow dung.
  • Hotel: Jaypee Palace (I think...) Gave us some type of lei made out of jasmine and rose water to drink. My mom couldn't drink it because she's weak sauce but Kam and I downed them.
  • Take a nap after flying a bazillion hours. Seriously.
  • Agra fort is freeeeaking awesome. Pictures later.
  • When I got out of the car at Agra Fort a street vendor followed me and said, "I think I will name you Lily." So you may now call me Lily.
  • If you're tall, thin, and American, Indian people will want to take pictures with you.
  • This boy came up to me and said, "One copy please?" He led me to his family where his brother wanted a picture with me while his family stood off to the side giggling and his mom snapped our picture. Nitin said, "They think she is like Demi Moore."
  • Rug factory. So coooool! I took a video for future viewing pleasure and memories. Takes about 6 months for two people to make a decently big one.
  • If you plug in your straightener, and it causes the power to go out, don't do it again... because of course the same thing is going to happen!! And then your straightener is dead. Yes, that was my mom who did that.

2 comments:

  1. love reading all about your silly adventures! i can't even tell you how happy i am that you guys are there and get to do everything you're doing. wow! so exciting! can't wait to see pics. give gma and gpa a big hug from us!

    oh, i get to see you in arizona now that we had to extend our trip an extra week. yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the honking. Yes, I've probably heard 90% of the honking I'm ever going to hear in India. That may or may not be an exaggeration. In fact, it's probably an understatement.

    It's cool to see your enthusiasm, even in the heart of India :P

    ReplyDelete